We have immediate openings for senior-level civil engineers with strong technical abilities and experience in transportation project design and the ability to lead a team of engineers on small and large projects.
Can work in any of these offices**** - Pleasanton, Sacramento, Oakland, Newport Beach - They need 1 in each office!
Accelerate your civil engineering career and promote yourself. Work on marquee projects, with a collaborative team in a vibrant environment, and move into Project Management status.
The assignments may include but not limited to one or more of the following:
- Geometric Approval Drawing preparation
- Plans, Estimate and Specification (PS&E) package preparation for Cities, Counties and Caltrans
- Project design and development for grading/drainage
- Utility design including water, sewer and drainage from master planning through construction,
- RFI and submittal review/response during construction
- Research investigations
- Assistance with proposal preparation
- Report preparation,
- and other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments.
As a senior-level civil engineer you will independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making adaptations and modifications for transportation geometric design of roadways and highways. You will undertake assignments which have clear and specified objectives that will require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Using prescribed methods you will perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer or Project Manager. You will perform assignments designed to develop professional work knowledge and abilities. You may plan, schedule, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of technical work in portions of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope. You will provide assistance to the Project Managers in preparing current status information for internal reporting and for keeping the client informed on progress. You will supervise or coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, and others who assist in specific assignments. You will prepare project specifications and cost estimates and use your knowledge of computer software including those programs used for graphic plan preparation, engineering calculations, spreadsheet preparation, and word processing.
The assignments may include one or more of the following: project design and development for grading and utility systems from master planning through construction, test of materials, preparation of specifications, research investigations, report preparation, and other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments.
Skills / Job Knowledge
- Transportation/roadway/public works experience
- AutoCAD Civil 3D expert level
- Civil/survey experience
- Caltrans experience (especially writing & participating in project study reports & project reports)
- Diversified experience within various stages/design elements of a project is a plus
- Very strong communication skills
B.S in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited curriculum or equivalent, plus appropriate continuing education. Applicant must be a registered Civil Engineer in the State of California. Background should include experience in land development, roadways, highways, utility systems, grading and drainage. Possess the ability to oversee a minimum staff of 2-6 engineers. 7-10+ years of civil engineering experience in land development, transportation and public works projects.